Throughout grad school, baking became both a way to relieve stress and a way to give back to my friends. Now that I’m done with my degree… well… it still serves as both of those things. With the hot southern summer, expect some refreshing and fruity dishes to grace the face of this blog/writing space/thing. But to start things off again… I’m going to include something that’s not really baking because that makes so much sense.
This recipe is super quick and is perfect for game or movie nights.
Cookes n’ Creme Popcorn
- 1/4 cup popcorn kernels (roughly one bag of microwave popcorn, if you wanna be gross and use that)
- 16 Oreo cookies (feel free to experiment with the type, I was a fan of birthday cake)
- 8 oz of white chocolate
- Decorative rainbow sprinkles of magic
- Use an air-popper and pop the kernels. If you don’t have an air-popper pop the kernels on the stove-top with oil.
- Add the popcorn, once popped, into a large bowl.
- Take the Oreos and chop them into fine pieces–try to eliminate any large chunks left. Pour the Oreo crumbles into the popcorn bowl.
- Melt the white chocolate and add it slowly to the popcorn and Oreo mixture, using a large spoon or your hands to blend the mixture, assuring that the white chocolate is evenly spread.
- Spread the mixture onto a large cookie sheet and sprinkle the decorative sprinkles over it.
- Let is sit and cool for about 20 minutes.
- Eat. Yum. Maybe even take it over to your friend’s house and let them think you spent 20 bucks on gourmet popcorn because your love them that much.